Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

The first few weeks

Our family has jumped full swing into a very busy schedule. We are frequently out of the house for 10 to 12 hours a day. This kind of schedule is all new to the kids. Here are some of the results:

  • My youngest will dose off and at any sound, jump up, and say "go nigh night?"
  • My oldest (who is 6) had many boyfriends at school. She dumped all but one...
  • She dumped the final boy telling him that once she is old enough to date she will find him again and date him until she finds the man she wants to marry. Then she will dump him and marry her husband.
  • My youngest enjoys coloring but wonders why I do so much of it. Each night as I sit down to work, grab a pen and paper, he looks at me and says in a confused voice "Coloring again momma?"
  • The best part of the day is when I finish coloring.
  • My oldest does not mind being an early riser as long as we spend time talking.
  • My youngest has become a bed-time nazi and tells me when to go to bed. He has also determined that if he is in trouble it is because I am crabby and need to go to bed.
  • At the end of a long day all snack food WILL end up on the floor.
  • Hitting is not a solution but no one seems to agree with me.
  • Even if you think you are going to bed at a good time 5 am is still too early.
  • Dinner tastes so much better when someone else makes it.
  • I can be traded in at the sitters house for apples, cars, tv, chocolate milk, friends, trains, thomas, blankets, or just about anything.
  • When it is -22 degrees outside everyone should just stay home!
It is going to be a long semester but we are finding and cherishing the good moments. I think we might just make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment